Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Emirates Nature-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
The Emirates Nature-WWF Dubai office hosts 41 members of staff. The executive assistant (EA) will use their in-depth secretarial and administrative experience to manage day to day administrative tasks on behalf of the Director General. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Director General.
- Representing the Director General, the Directors and the organization, in a professional manner at all times.
- Administrative support for the Emirates Nature-WWF Management Team, follow up on meeting’s action points, update agendas, update action points, follow up with members on progress of their action points, ensure meetings run smoothly.
- Same applies for stakeholder meetings.
- Creation of SOPS for the management team.
- Protocol for DG’s visitors and manage all VIP tours.
- Responsible of organization of internal and external meetings on behalf of DG ensuring all necessary requirements are in place. Such as but not limited to documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Secretarial support for meetings when required by the DG, send meeting reminders, confirming venues etc.
- Support in organizing and maintaining DG calendar and diary and book appointments as and where needed.
- Support in managing incoming emails, faxes and post on behalf of DG.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of DG and follow up with stakeholders.
- Company research or project work for DG and Directors where needed.
- Maintain an up to date office system, including data management, filing, Salesforce, and WWF remote website database.
- Manage updates of DG annual workplan and budget.
- Plan and organize DG’s travel arrangements including flights, visa requirements (if needed), hotel bookings, meeting schedule while travelling and submitting expense claims of the above.
- Accompany the DG during relevant UAE based meetings and prepare presentations, schedule/ organize transportation and provide general assistance during presentations.
- Support other management team members as and when required or requested by DG.
- Priorities determined by the Executive Assistant and communicated in a clear and respectful manner to members of team.
- Liaise with Stakeholders, Board of Directors, person(s) of stature in the UAE and staff in order to support the DG.
- Creation of high level stakeholder presentations and reports.
- Facilitate the annual board meeting including the development of high level presentations, BOD toolkits, agendas, etc.
- Ensure all information are available, reports are being submitted, draft presentation, share it with all attendants.
- Assist the Marketing team with the Annual report and send it to stakeholders.
- Assist the Marketing team with the annual partners dinner.
- Organizing gifts for Board Members and/or Stakeholders during Ramadan or any other occasion that might arise.
- Be the account Manager for MOCD, Islamic Affairs Authority, AWQAF, Red Crescent – obtaining permits, follow up on action points or/and permits, responding to MOCD’s requests, action points and logistics from Board Meeting for the General Assembly and strategic account management.
- Support DG to ensure effective stakeholder management through the implementation of the partnership strategy and board activation.
- 5 + years of experience as secretary/ office administrator with minimum 3 years as a PA for Senior level executive.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English and Arabic. a requirement.
- Experienced with MS Office programs.
- Coordination of meetings and minute taking.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Teams:Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the accomplishment of goals and high-level team performance.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Establishing Strategic Direction: Generates options to achieve long-range goals, selects the best strategies for success and delivers on strategic goals.
Building Organizational Capability: Diagnoses individual and team capability and development needs and champions talent management.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability multi task with several tasks at the same time and handle stressful situations.
- Discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to prepare expert power point presentations according to brand guidelines.
- Ability to appear representable and professional at all times.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Self-starter and able to prioritize activities accordingly.
- Attention to detail.
Internal - Liaise with Conservation, Performance Management, Finance, Communications and Business Development teams
External - Liaise with existing and potential partners
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
Emirates Nature-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.