Conservation Education & Outreach Intern
Emirates Nature-WWF is looking for a highly motivated, proactive intern to help launch a new youth-focused Connect with Nature leadership and learning programme. The Intern is responsible for supporting the Senior Conservation Education and Outreach Officer and Coordinator in executing the new programme.
- Support the Senior Officer and Coordinator with planning outreach activities.
- Assist with analyzing registration data to prepare monthly report of attendees.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including contractors, vendors and consultants, to carry out activities and events connected to Connect with Nature.
- Provide logistical, operational and administrative support, as required.
- Undertake research to support the further development of the programme such as searching for relevant outreach activities around the emirate.
- Conducting reconnaissance missions for potential Dubai geolocations for gamification on digital platform.
- Compile best practices and outline key characteristics for future research and learning programmes.
- Organise meetings and other forums, including providing administrative and secretarial support, as required.
- Support Outreach with reviewing and sorting files on Box.
- Provide operational support for events, field work and other programme initiatives.
- Identify project risks, provide feedback and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Fluent in English (essential); language skills in Arabic (desirable)
- Ability to travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices with relative frequency as well as visits to field sites.
- Access to a car
- Willing to take part in weekend outdoor activities
Degree or degree in progress in Education, Sustainability, Conservation, Ecology, Project Management, or any other relevant field.