Emirates Nature (EN) is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
EN works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. EN-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
EN-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
Seeking a highly analytical collaborator for a role, within the organization’s Finance Department, responsible for the financial activities of the organization, conducting financial analysis and planning, accounting operations and reporting, budgeting, ensure efficient operating systems, enforcing internal and external audits and applying financial best practices, providing professional and skilled staff, and ensuring strong financial resources for delivering conservation impact on issues and in places that are key to the organization’s priorities. It is integral to ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all financial functions related to the organization. The individual must provide guidance and support through clear communications and financial reporting and analysis, advising all members of the organization. The individual for this role liaises with the heads of other departments, other members of the organization, the Director General, the Board of Directors, external partners and stakeholders, IT experts, financial institutions, as well as governmental and regulatory authorities.
|Key Responsibilities||Key performance Indicators|
|Finance Operational Controls – Policies, Procedures and Systems|
||Target: Finance Manual, DOA, Account Codes, Project Codes reviewed annually. Target: Two (2) years reserves maintained.|
||Target: AR Days outstanding = 30 days
AP Days outstanding = 45 days
||Target: Annual planning and budgets completed and presented to Board for approval by Nov 30th.
Target: Operational expenses are less than 10% of overall budget.
||Target: Projects are started only after 50% of total funding is secured.
Target: Finance Manager reviews and approves financial component of funding proposals.
Target: All budget holders have balanced budgets.
Target: Average Management fee from projects equal 12%.
||Target: Financial statements completed by the 8th and monthly budgets meetings around the 10th.|
||Target: Financial Audit completed by March 31st of each year.|
||Target: WWOV completed by August 31st|
|Management of Staff|
||Target: Weekly Finance Meeting with team|
||Target: 100% Stakeholder requirements met|
- 10 years (plus) work experience in Finance or Accounting
- Strong knowledge of: general ledgers, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, nonprofit taxes and registration.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong experience with ERP systems
- Strong proficiency in financial software programs
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and balance day-to-day duties with strategic long-term goals and stringent timelines
- Adept at presenting complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Project accounting and project managerial experience
- Strong business partner relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate diplomatically in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Contractual and legal understanding
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Finance or Accounting
WWF Focus: Acts as a member of EN-WWF, placing higher priority on EN-WWF’s goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic EN-WWF outcomes
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring EN-WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes
Building Working Relations: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Building Working Relations: People demonstrating this competency are effective in working with peers, partners and others who are not in the line of command, to positively impact organization performance
Team Leadership: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds effective and high-performance teams and ensures goals are accomplished
Change Leadership: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions through people, transformation and aligning an organization in a new and challenging that brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically
Managing Resources: Demonstrates an understanding of how the organization operates financially, can identify and direct toward business opportunities by managing resources.
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible. Can adapt to changing work priorities at short notice
- Positive, service-oriented and helpful
- Willingness to learn new skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to absorb and retain information
- Ability to think strategically
- High level of cultural sensitivity and awareness with ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Proven knowledge and or experience in the non for profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations
Internally - Works closely with budget holders in various departments, performance manager
Externally - Works with stakeholders such as Board Members, Ministries, Accounting firm and consultants.
EN-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
EN-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events which promotes the overall mission of EN-WWF, whether or not the particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.