Emirates Nature-WWF is looking for a highly motivated, proactive intern to help improve the digital user experience for our target audience (UAE youth aged 15-30) through optimising the organisation of our digital assets. Our youth-focused conservation education and outreach programme, “Connect with Nature” is supported by a fun and engaging digital platform, including a mobile app (with gamification elements) and a website. The Digital Intern will support the Digital Marketing Manager and the Programme Management Coordinator to optimise digital assets ready for deployment on our digital platform.
- Consolidate digital assets (images, videos, etc) into one centralized location and organize into logical categories (e.g. by biodiversity, conservation, heritage, adventure, etc)
- Using Sketch, Photoshop (or a similar program), compress digital images to optimum size (500KB), without compromising image quality, to reduce load speed for the mobile app and website with the aim of improving the user experience (image width should not be less than 1200px)
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including contractors, vendors and consultants, as required, in relation to assigned tasks to do with the Connect with Nature digital platform
- Assist with analysing and compiling data to support reporting, decision making and continual improvement
- Provide advice and support digital platform development, including user testing and feedback as to user experience
- Undertake research or tasks, as required and under direction from the Digital Marketing Manager, to support the further development of the digital ecosystem
- Identify risks, provide feedback and suggest opportunities for improvement that may be identified as part of working on the Connect with Nature digital platform
Degree or other qualification (completed or in progress) highly desirable – ideally in IT, communications, PR, graphic design or other relevant field
- Fluent in English (essential); language skills in Arabic (desirable)
- Knowledge of social media and digital marketing
- Basic technical competence in digital tools and platforms, IT systems
- Knowledge of Sketch or Photoshop would be highly regarded
EWS-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
EWS-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.