Content and social media officer
Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Emirates Nature-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
We are looking for an ambitious content and/or social media coordinator who is keen to expand their remit and help grow the Content and Social Media impact of our organisation.
Reporting to The Content Manager, you will be responsible for creating, managing and delivering many forms of content (written, visual and video) to achieve our organisation’s goals in member acquisition and engagement, fundraising and project communications.
Additionally, you will play a central role in planning and managing our social media channels, ensuring our content is relevant, engaging and impactful as well as building and managing our communities of youth, members and business professionals into active and engaged communities of action.
The ideal candidate has experience in both creative content creation as well as social and community management. We’re looking for someone who is creative, adaptable and quick to roll their sleeves up and support our expanding team. Experience in creating engaging digital content – specifically visuals and video for social is essential.
For the right person, this is a fantastic chance to take on varied responsibilities, get out and about in the field showcasing our amazing volunteers and our work in nature, and be at the forefront of building a growing community of changemakers.
Major duties and Key Responsibilities
- Development, management and delivery of an overall social media plan, providing clarity on activity, priorities and success metrics/criteria.
- Setting and implementing social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies.
- Management of accounts on core social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram) across all areas (unless otherwise specified) and providing support/amplification for activity by team members in different departments. This includes both outbound posting of new content/activities and engagement/responding to dialogue in and around our activities.
- Effective management of social using standard platforms such as Hootsuite.
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness.
- To manage and report on paid social, aimed at improving performance and value for money.
- Management and curation of LinkedIn and Facebook (and other e.g. membership community) social media groups – with the goal to engage members and drive further participation.
- Development of an external blogger programme to support the amplification of the membership programme. Responding to blogger enquiries, commissioning and briefing blog posts and daily uploading of approved posts
- Developing and managing an influencer programme - in order build SEO, increase traffic and drive members.
- Building backlinks through proactive and reactive engagement with content and media partners, in order to drive SEO
- Support Content Manager with creation and delivery of editorial calendar.
- Assist with roadmap planning, story concepting and membership highlights promotion for weekly content stories
- Prepare all briefings for content requirements and either deliver or oversee the delivery of these
- Create graphics for social and other easy/quick content requirements.
- Create all “live” short films for social e.g. quick promos.
- Where relevant, website and platform content/support including uploading content, adding links, improving SEO and generating creative assets
- Own key content documents such as content foundations, key messages, pitch decks etc
- Review content before publishing – ensure it’s onbrand and effective.
- Maintain cross-functional content calendars and trackers
- Research and curate industry-specific trends / cultural events / competitive initiatives relevant to audience
- Review the success/ monitor the effectiveness over time all content, optimize content according to SEO and other relevant means.
- Use content management systems including Hubspot and google analytics to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics, work with Digital and Growth Manager to constantly optimize.
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic, followers and ultimately members.
- BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing, English, Digital Communications or relevant field
- 2-3 years relevant experience either in agency or inhouse as Content or social media coordinator
- High level of cultural sensitivity and awareness with ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- English Creative writing and/or Arabic creative writing – must be proficient in one at least
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Teams: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the accomplishment of goals and high level team performance.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
Establishing Strategic Direction: Generates options to achieve long-range goals, selects the best strategies for success and delivers on strategic goals.
Building Organizational Capability: Diagnoses individual and team capability and development needs and champions talent management.
- Proven work experience as a content and social media coordinator
- Must be able to create graphics and video for social using standard tools eg Adobe Spark, imovie etc
- Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports the brand and objectives
- Expertise with social management platforms.
- Expertise with Hubspot, google analytics and data studio
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- SEO skills
- Hands on and strategic experience in effective and engaging social media
- Excellent writing skills in English and/or Arabic
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Technical knowledge of MS Office, WordPress, Drupal and other CMS
Internal - Works with Multiple teams
External - Works with External stakeholders
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
Emirates Nature-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.