Internship Legal Advisor
The Legal Volunteer will have the opportunity to work collaboratively in the day-to-day work experiences of all departments within the organization as well as external attorneys and legal consultants and gain experience exposed to contract law and litigation practice, primarily in the areas of legal research, legal analysis, legal briefs, legal risk mitigation, negotiations, environmental, ministerial, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Drafting agreements/documents/MoUs/contracts/terms and conditions/liability structures
- Amending agreements/documents/MoUs/contracts/terms and conditions/liability structures
- Legal SOPs
- Legal risk management
- Legal risk framework
- Legal risk compliance
- Corporate governance
- Due diligence
- IP laws and mechanisms
- Creating/reviewing/updating legal templates
- Legal advice and council
- Liaising with the external legal consultants/parties
- Other tasks as appointed by the Director-General or the Director of Operations
Whilst these tasks will be considered mundane and more menial, this is taking into consideration that we will not have a practising solicitor, but rather an advisor or trainee on board who will need to have this experience for their professional training. It will be beneficial for the individual who wants to build on their own capacity of working in an environmental entity in the UAE that exposes them to:
- Creating a framework for the protection of biodiversity, climate, energy, environmentalism, sustainability, conservation, impact assessment and monitoring, in the UAE
- How it compares to framework/policies internationally
- How policies, laws and regulations (legislation) are created in the UAE
- Environmental law legal strategies
- Ministerial and governmental exposure
- Environmental sciences
- A bachelor degree in (conservation) law required, master degree desired.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Well-versed with Commercial Agencies Laws, Civil Transaction Laws, Commercial Transaction Laws, Labor Laws and local laws.
- Well experienced with compliance and audit.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- In-depth understanding of business’ commercial and conservation terms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are mandatory. Arabic language understanding will have a preference.
- Critical problem-solving ability.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze & synthesize situations and information.
- Good organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- High level of cultural sensitivity and awareness with ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Proven knowledge and or experience in the non for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations.
How to apply
Please send your application to the attention of Human Resource Manager Ms Magdalena Tayoun with the subject ‘Application: M&E Intern’ to [email protected] Application deadline is 15th of July 2020. We reserve the right to appoint a candidate prior to this date.