Digital and Growth Marketing Manager
Emirates Nature-WWF is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Emirates Nature-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and is governed by a local board of directors.
The Digital and Growth Marketing Manager will successfully optimise the acquisition of members/partners from the top of the funnel all the way to engaging and retaining those members/partners and increasing LTV. They will own and co-own the strategy, execution and performance tracking of digital marketing activities that increase, capture and nurture leads across multiple channels, as well as the activities that effectively engage and retain members/partners to deliver high annual retention rates and optimise cross-selling and up-selling through digital channels and ultimately increase LTV.
The Digital and Growth Marketing Manager will mentor both the Head of Engagement and Senior Marketing Acquisition on digital activities in the funnel, providing support and guidance as both members take on more digital responsibilities.
The DGMM will also work closely with the Director (and other team members) to identify, plan and deliver a holistic digital marketing strategy and roadmap for the organisation.
The DGMM will lead on digital marketing activities & digital campaign roll-out, helping the Heads of Engagement and Senior Marketing Acquisition plan digital execution of their campaigns, sharing insights and best practices and training digital officer and overseeing the quality of his/her work.
Major duties and Key Responsibilities
Department Level Responsibilities:
- Supports the Director in reviewing and updating the 5-year Marketing and Engagement Strategy and all other relevant org wide strategies.
- Works with the Director to create a holistic digital marketing strategy and roadmap for the organisation.
- Works with the Director, Head of Engagement and Marketing Acquisition Manager to formulate the department’s annual plan & then effectively cascades this down into all annual objectives, workplans, budgets and manpower plans.
- Defines the growth marketing plans to support broader organisation objectives e.g. membership, partnerships and sustainable giving, is accountable for all areas of the plan, including budgets, KPIs, milestones etc
- Champions digital marketing and best practices within the wider organization, empowering team members with digital marketing knowledge & tools to help streamline processes, enrich their project scopes as well as track & measure success metrics. This includes identifying new platforms and marketing tools, setting up team trainings, mentoring team members looking to upskill and sharing case studies & inspiration.
- Supports the wider Marketing and Engagement team in maximizing reach and engagement by providing strategic guidance and counsel and playing an active role in weekly meetings and briefings.
- Responsible for setting up clear processes and SOPs to ensure the successful establishment of growth marketing within the new membership organization.
- With the Marketing Acquisition Mangaer, develop, maintain and execute membership demand generation activities, consistently communicating initiatives, progress, and results with the team and to Director of M&E and SP.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Acquisition Manager to build lead gen marketing activities that support strategic partnerships, sustainable giving and business goals, consistently communicating initiatives, progress, and results with the team and to Director of M&E and SP.
- Optimize acquisition funnel and lead nurturing processes through paid social, organic and paid search, email, webinars, content and social media and sponsorships.
- Deliver quality reporting and analytics that show how growth marketing programs impact revenue, define and track key other metrics, develop dashboards, deliver ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- With the Head of Engagement, develop, maintain and execute effective member engagement plans and activities centred around delivering an engaging customer journey and experience.
- With the Head of Engagement and product teams, ensure all products are optimised on the platform to drive high engagement levels.
- With the Head of Engagement and Senior Membership Manager, successfully deliver a member rewards and recognition programme that encourages annual member retention.
- Leverage marketing automation, lead management and member management to streamline, automate and measure all marketing tasks and workflows across the funnel.
- Work with content marketing manager to help inform content strategy, develop campaign specific messages and align content activities with marketing needs.
- Work with the content team and support the development of content required for growth marketing activities.
Required qualifications and skills
- Demonstrated managerial level skills and experience in developing and implementing integrated digital marketing, social media & eCommerce strategies that drive acquisition, engagement and revenue.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of social media, digital tools, marketing automation, technology &content platforms and their application
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with a tier-one marketing automation platform, including audience segmentation, journey mapping, engagement & retention (Hubspot experience & certification is a plus)
- A working knowledge of and experience in utilising test plans and data analysis tools to drive digital marketing performance & digital optimisation.
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google Analytics & Social Media publishing, listening and performance tools.
- Extensive experience in campaign performance monitoring and presenting data & insights to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated people management experience including an ability to build and lead a high-performance team.
- Advanced communication, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- An ability to work constructively with diverse people and skillsets to create an energised, trusting and open, mission-driven working environment.
- A working knowledge of human centred design thinking & applications, project management & agile methodologies.
- A minimum of 5+ years professional experience working in a team or agency environment managing digital platforms and campaigns in a digital ecosystem.
- Expert in digital marketing and managing digital content across web, mobile, app and social.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital, marketing, business, communications etc.
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
Analytical mindset: Champions data-driven marketing. Understands the significance of key digital marketing metrics and has the ability to translate data into actionable insights to optimize digital marketing practices and identify trends.
Pragmatic approach: Approaches interpersonal communication as well as strategy in a sensible manor. Has the ability to utilize existing resources to deliver impact making sure plans are feasible and prioritize the achievement of agreed KPIs within timelines and resource limitations.
Internal - Works with the digital manager, the marketing & engagement manager, the campaigns team, and the partnerships team.
External - Works with suppliers, freelancers and interns.
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
Emirates Nature-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.