Membership Manager/Senior Manager
Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Emirates Nature-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will need to manage a large number of accounts, members, volunteers and participants at a large scale covering the UAE whilst remaining focused on long-term objectives. The Membership Manager will directly report to the Director General and play a key role in creating effective strategies to ensure a strong operating model where volunteers drive volunteers and increase the membership base within the UAE. The candidate must be confident and able to demonstrate previous success actualizing growth in a non-profit or member-based organization. This role will collaborate with Senior Leadership of the organization, key stakeholders in the public and private sector, key decision makers nationally and internationally. The candidate must work cohesively with all units (Conservation, Strategic Partnerships, Marketing and Operations) within EN-WWF in establishing strategic development, planning, and tactical implementation to ensure the goal of managing the membership platform, which acts as convener of members amongst the public, the private sector and the government to ensure impact in the field of environmental sustainability and nature conservation. The role will include acquisition of members, retention of members, upselling members, the development of products, activities, initiatives and benefits for members through engagement, civil activities, certified training learning and development in collaboration with other members of the organization, The role additionally will require the management of a team, and will be liaising with other organizational members across various units and positions to assure objectives are met. The tasks outset in this role will need to assure monitoring and evaluation, assuring analytics and its required analysis for key decision making and reporting, as well as upskilling the organizational members in the fields of membership management and all its roles and responsibilities. The candidate must encompass key decision-making skills, and the ability to assure holistic strategic planning (integrated with global sustainability and environmental laws, as well as local Emirati goals as a country and per Emirate), in addition to enforcing a very strong implementation skill-set to assure success.
Major duties and Key Responsibilities
- Large-scale and small-scale project management and planning skillset incorporating strategic development, governance, M&E and management of annual budget
- Collaborate with leadership to implement membership engagement campaigns and further the association's reach
- Assist on the creation and implementation of a large scale digital membership platform
- Implement membership structure, pricing, and the value proposition of membership
- Implementation, evaluation, support with acquisition, retention upselling, training and development of the members within the membership programme ensuring a strong customer journey
- Recommend changes to programs and services (which can be linked to projects, programmes and other organizational activities) to ensure that they line up with the strategic plan and other initiatives
- Helping to develop activities to increase our level of membership
- Build and develop relationships with members and prospects
- Stakeholder management for key government accounts and external representation
- Responsible for directly building and defining the local membership community (and micro-communities) to ensure the membership culture, experience and sales are maximized.
- Analyze and report on various metrics to monitor prospects and members
- Maintain accurate database records through Salesforce and HubSpot platforms or other platform(s)
- Identify new markets, trends, and market size to develop growth models
- Maintaining a membership database, issuing monthly member reports
- Assuring proper member-based reporting internally and externally (social impact reporting, that allows members to know where their dirham is spent and their hour spent has contributed to in society.)
- Managing relationships with other EN Units, to ensuring that all current members receive a high-quality service and membership offering
- Delivery of membership benefits along with the team
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies for potential member segments
- Drafting our monthly membership newsletter
- Responsible for services to our members/volunteers throughout the membership lifecycle, from overseeing the admissions processes, increasing member engagement
- Develop and manage operational HR framework for volunteers
- To partner with all internal stakeholders by communicating and engaging all areas of the operation to support the member experience
- To foster events and experiences promote member engagement
- To carry out a daily evaluation of membership applications; to be competent on Salesforce platform where applications are held
- Coordinating training programmes
- Project management and ownership of team initiatives including conducting data-led analysis on the membership and member engagement as required to support commercial strategies.
- Candidate must possess hands-on skills to be able to travel throughout various areas in the UAE, interact and manage members within the membership programme, as well as interact with key decision makers and strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or relevant field
- Master's degree welcomed
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful membership experience
- 5+ years of experience in the professional field
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficient in the use of digital applications and tools
- Experience in project management and marketing campaigns/member communications
- Required Languages: Arabic & English (both proficient)
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Teams: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the accomplishment of goals and high level team performance.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
Establishing Strategic Direction: Generates options to achieve long-range goals, selects the best strategies for success and delivers on strategic goals.
Building Organizational Capability: Diagnoses individual and team capability and development needs and champions talent management.
- Proven knowledge and or experience in the non-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations
- Previous relative experience with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as well as the ability to travel and attend various social functions
- Friendly and approachable as well as proven acumen of written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work at an incredibly fast pace
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- High level of cultural sensitivity and awareness with ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive nature
- Good use of initiative
- Efficient problem solver
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
Internal - Works with Management Team, Unit Directors, Support Staff
External - Works with Stakeholder Management of Key Government Partners
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
Emirates Nature-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
How to apply
Please send your application with the subject ‘Application for Membership Manager’ to the attention of Human Resource Manager Ms Magdalena Tayoun on [email protected] before 15th January 2021.
Emirates Nature reserves the right to appoint a candidate prior this date.