Senior Officer- Project Management and Administration
Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Natureworks in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation Organizations. EN-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the UAE.
Under the supervision of the Senior and Deputy Project Leads, theSenior Officer will be responsible for the fulfillment and execution of the administrative duties and day to day needs related to the implementation of the project. The role is expected to lead the development of project reports and liaise effectively with other project staff as well as Emirates Nature-WWF units to ensure successful project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Select optimum project management software and manage implementation
- With the input of the technical teams, develop detailed annual project schedules and monitor them regularly
- Lead weekly/monthly progress reviewsand meetings with teams; create and review progress reports and dashboards in a timely manner
- Support the procurement process, prepare contracts, and oversee contracts management, create schedule of deliverables and payments
- Liaise with project and finance teams to ensure timely review of project finances, ensure effective management of financial expenditures in line with ENWWF guidelines
- Assist in preparation of project submission to donors and partners working closely with technical teams
- Prepare progress reports with input from project teams, support Conservation Director in internal reporting
- Provide support in preparation of technical reports as required
- Coordinate logistics for projectmeetings and workshops, develop agendas, manage invitations, workshop logistics checklists and post meeting documents
- Support in logistics preparations for surveys and coordinate with suppliers and vendors
- Maintain project documentation including project reports in ENWWF; sets up and maintains the electronic and paper filing system
- Support in preparation of correspondence and strategic agreements
- Prepares presentations and notes ahead of project meetings
- Work closely with project team to develop impact KPIs, support in communications report preparation
- Undertake any other task requested by the Conservation Director related to the project implementation
- Create file with communications collateral and images
- Manage field equipment inventories in coordination with field team
Key performance Indicators
- Select project management software
- Project schedules and regular review
- Risk management log and regular review
- Weekly/monthlyactivity logs, progress reports and dashboards
- Purchase Order Requests, Contracts, Contract, payments, and deliverables tracking
- Finance expenditure logs and management
- Project submissions tracking &updates
- Supporting content for external and internal Monitoring & Evaluation, KPIs & impact stories
- Filing system and project documentation in place
- Meeting/workshop agendas, invitations, presentations, checklists, notes
- Minutes of meeting and workshop notes
- Correspondence and other documentation
- Templates for project progress reports
- Progress reports
- Input to preparation of technical reports
- Communications collateral files & photo inventory
- Field equipment inventory & regular review
- 10+ years of working experience in project administration and management
- Proven track record in project technical documentation, finance management, project scheduling and reporting; Experience in event and workshop coordination
- Experience in high profile projects and technical understanding on environmental topicsis preferable.
- Proficient use of project management and Gantt charts software (MS Project or equivalent), good knowledge of Quality Management Systems
A degree in project management, business administration or similar field, PMP certification is preferable
Delivering Quality Outcomes: People demonstrating this competency focus on improvement of organization results.
WWF Focus: People demonstrating this competency is concerned about serving and building value added relationships with stakeholders and can be internal or external
External Orientation: People demonstrating this competency have a strong, detailed understanding of the market in which the organization operates and how changes affect the organization. They know the customers they serve, the competitors, suppliers and the regulatory environment and how to address them
Communicating Effectively: People demonstrating this competency use appropriate means of communication to convey message, seek input from others and ensures understanding
Flexible & Adaptive Orientation: People demonstrating this competency are not rigid - intellectually, emotionally, or interpersonally. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and copes with complexity.
Self-Awareness & Development Orientation: People demonstrating this competency recognize their own strengths and weaknesses and takes the initiative to continuously improve. Demonstrates the courage not to be defensive, rationalize mistakes or blame others. Learns from mistakes and builds mechanisms for constructive feedback
Building Working Relations: People demonstrating this competency are effective in working with peers, partners and others who are not in the line of command, to positively impact organization performance
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exceptional team working abilities.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to set challenging but realistic goals and solve problems effectively.
- Produce high quality products/services with attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
Internal –Working closely with the project teams and support units within ENWWF
External –Liaise with administrative staff, project partners, suppliers and consultants/contractors
EN-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
EN-WWFstaff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
How to apply
Please send your application with the subject ‘Application for Senior Officer- Project Management and Administration’ to the attention of Human Resource Manager Ms Magdalena Tayoun on [email protected]