Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Emirates Nature-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
The Content Manager will be responsible for creating, improving, managing and maintaining many forms of content (written, visual and film) to achieve our organisation’s goals. Your role will be to create the content strategy, but also to implement this across key channels to raise brand awareness, acquire and retain members and support fundraising & conservation project success.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. As a Content manager, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. You should also know how to create engaging, sticky and successful digital content – with content optimization and brand consistency across multiple formats and channels key. Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all marketing, membership and communications content initiatives to ensure brand building, member and partner acquisition and engagement and a positive “customer/partner” experience
Major duties and Key Responsibilities
- Familiarize yourself with the organisation’s workstreams, brand and 5-year strategy. Ensure our content is on brand and engaging and reflects and achieves the goals of these.
- Content review and audit – on joining, review all current content and develop a plan to update and evolve content on all key channels where relevant.
- Contribute to the annual Marketing and Engagement plan with the content plan for the year, taking ownership and accountability for resources, budgets and annual success.
- Collaborate with Head of Member Engagement and Marketing/Digital teams to develop a content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing, communications and member strategies and objectives. Review and course correct continually. Share insights with the team.
- Take full ownership of all (marketing and comms) content requirements, work with all relevant teams to ensure content requirements are clearly understood and successfully delivered.
- Support, mentor and work hand in hand with memberships and product teams with their content requirements, ensuring their content is effectively created and delivered and is always customer/member centric.
- Create and publish engaging content.
- Edit, proofread and improve and other writers/contributors/teams content.
- Review the success/ monitor the effectiveness over time all content, optimize content according to SEO and other relevant means.
- Manage the planning and daily activities of a content team comprised of officer, contractors and freelancers including videographers etc.
- Be the ultimate QC for all content delivered by the organisation.
- Use content management systems including Hubspot and google analytics to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics, work with Digital and Growth Manager to constantly optimize.
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure all relevant team members are aligned, oversee it’s successful delivery.
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic, followers and ultimately members.
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay abreast of current best practices in the industry and review competitor websites, social and content to compare their activities with those of ENWWF
- Be the main POC for all content from the network and ensure it’s used effectively and onbrand.
- BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing, English, Digital Communications or relevant field
- 4-5 years relevant experience either in agency or inhouse as Content Manager
- Other digital communications qualifications in line with fields of expertise
- High level of cultural sensitivity and awareness with ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- English Creative writing and/or Arabic creative writing – must be proficient in one at least
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Teams: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the accomplishment of goals and high level team performance.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
Establishing Strategic Direction: Generates options to achieve long-range goals, selects the best strategies for success and delivers on strategic goals.
Building Organizational Capability: Diagnoses individual and team capability and development needs and champions talent management.
- Proven work experience as a Content manager
- Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports the brand and objectives
- Expertise with Hubspot, google analytics and data studio
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Expertise in SEO
- Hands on and strategic experience in effective and engaging social media
- Excellent writing skills in English and/or Arabic
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Mentoring and management of direct report
- Technical knowledge of MS Office, WordPress, Drupal and other CMS
Internal - Works with Multiple teams
External - Works with External stakeholders
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
Emirates Nature-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.