Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation Organizations. EN-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the UAE.
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Officer will be responsible for the fulfillment and execution of the administrative duties and day to day project management needs related to the implementation of priority conservation projects for ENWWF. Project management and administration responsibilities include delivering projects on time within budget and scope. The Offer will also lead the development of project reports and liaise effectively with other project staff as well as Emirates Nature- WWF units to ensure successful oversight of key parameters of project implementation such as budget, timelines, monitoring and reporting.
- Oversee successful implementation of the project and various workstreams within agreed schedules and approved budgets
- Support project team with stakeholder meetings and ensure project team members deliver project requirements in a timely manner
- Maintain project management software and manage timeline in coordination with project teams; report any delays and proactively seek for solutions together with teams
- With the input of the technical teams, develop detailed annual project schedules and monitor them regularly
- Lead the weekly/monthly progress reviews and meetings with project teams; create and review progress reports, maintain minutes and create/update dashboards in a timely manner
- In coordination with the Finance Manager, lead and monitor the project procurement process, prepare and oversee contracts management, create schedule of deliverables and payments in line with project and ENWWF requirements
- Liaise with project and finance teams to ensure timely review of project finances, ensure effective management of financial expenditures in line with ENWWF guidelines
- Assist in preparation of project related submissions to donors and partners working closely with technical teams
- Prepare progress reports with input from project teams, and with the support Conservation Director in internal reporting
- Lead the preparation of the project risk log and maintain risk management documents
- Coordinate logistics for project meetings and workshops, develop agendas, manage invitations, workshop logistics checklists and post meeting documents, coordinate with suppliers and vendors
- Maintain project documentation including project reports and datasets; sets up and maintains the electronic and paper filing system
- Support in preparation of correspondence and strategic agreements review
- Supports project team in preparing presentations and notes ahead of project meetings, develop and track Minutes of Meetings
- Undertake any other task requested by the Conservation Director related to the project implementation
- Work with communications expert to maintain files with communications collateral and images
Key performance Indicators
- Project schedules and regular review
- Risk management log and regular review
- Weekly/monthly activity logs, progress reports and dashboards
- Purchase Order Requests, Contracts, Contract, payments, and deliverables tracking
- Finance expenditure logs and management
- Project submissions tracking & updates
- Supporting content for external and internal Monitoring & Evaluation, KPIs & impact stories
- Filing system and project documentation in place
- Meeting/workshop agendas, invitations, presentations, checklists, notes
- Minutes of meetings and workshop notes
- Correspondence and other documentation
- Templates for project progress reports
- Progress reports to donors and partners
- Input to preparation of technical reports
- Communications collateral files & photo inventory
- 8+ years solid working experience in project administration and management
- Proven track record in project technical documentation, finance management, and project reporting; Experience in event and workshop coordination is preferable
- Experience in high profile projects and technical understanding on environmental topics
- Proficient use of project management and Gantt charts software (MS Project or equivalent), good knowledge of Quality Management Systems
A degree in project management, business administration or environmental management field, PMP certification is preferable
Delivering Quality Outcomes: People demonstrating this competency focus on improvement of organization results.
WWF Focus: People demonstrating this competency is concerned about serving and building value added relationships with stakeholders and can be internal or external
External Orientation: People demonstrating this competency have a strong, detailed understanding of the market in which the organization operates and how changes affect the organization. They know the customers they serve, the competitors, suppliers and the regulatory environment and how to address them
Communicating Effectively: People demonstrating this competency use appropriate means of communication to convey message, seek input from others and ensures understanding
Flexible & Adaptive Orientation: People demonstrating this competency are not rigid - intellectually, emotionally, or interpersonally. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and copes with complexity.
Self-Awareness & Development Orientation: People demonstrating this competency recognize their own strengths and weaknesses and takes the initiative to continuously improve. Demonstrates the courage not to be defensive, rationalize mistakes or blame others. Learns from mistakes and builds mechanisms for constructive feedback
Building Working Relations: People demonstrating this competency are effective in working with peers, partners and others who are not in the line of command, to positively impact organization performance
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exceptional team working abilities.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to set challenging but realistic goals and solve problems effectively.
- Produce high quality products/services with attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
Internal – Working closely with the project teams and support units within ENWWF
External – Liaise with administrative staff, project partners, suppliers and consultants/contractors
EN-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
EN-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.