Associate Manager – Office Management
Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Emirates Nature-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
The role will be reporting directly to the Director General (DG) providing executive, administrative, and development support to the DG and Board of Directors, as well as the Management Team (MT) of Emirates Nature-WWF (EN-WWF). The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the DG. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- Manage DG’s email inbox and respond to emails where appropriate
- Support in organizing and maintaining DG calendar and diary and book appointments as and where needed
- Responsible of organization of internal and external meetings on behalf of DG ensuring all necessary requirements are in place. Such as but not limited to documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Managing DG’s stakeholder, by drafting correspondence on behalf of DG and follow up with stakeholders
- Plan and organize DG’s travel arrangements including flights, visa requirements (if needed), hotel bookings, meeting schedule while travelling and submitting expense claims of the above.
- Accompany the DG during UAE based meetings and prepare presentations, schedule/ organize transportation and provide general assistance during presentations.
- Liaise with Stakeholders, Board of Directors, person(s) of stature in the UAE and staff in order to support the DG
- Support other management team members as and when required or requested by DG
- Administrative support and taking meeting minutes for the Emirates Nature-WWF Management Team, follow up on meeting’s action points, update agendas, update action points, follow up with members on progress of their action points, ensure meetings run smoothly.
- Priorities determined by the Executive Assistant and communicated in a clear and respectful manner to members of team.
- Ensure all information are available, reports are being submitted, draft presentation, share it with all attendants
- Project Management COP28:
- Provide operational support in the lead-up to COP 28 and the year of the Presidency
- Support the management and planning of events associated with the COP processes
- Provide operational support to WWF personnel, including high-level officials and visiting missions regarding their attendance at the COP (ie protocol and liaison functions, procurement, and security coordination)
- Other related operations tasks as required
- Facilitate the annual board meeting.
- Assist the Marketing team with the Annual report and send it to stakeholders
- Organizing gifts for Board Members and/or Stakeholders during Ramadan or any other occasion that might arise.
- Be the account Manager for MOCD – obtaining permits, follow up on action points or/and permits, responding to MOCD’s requests, action points and logistics from Board Meeting for the General Assembly
- Maintain an up-to-date office system, including data management, filing, Salesforce, and WWF remote website database
- Representing the Director General, the Directors and the organization, in a professional manner at all times.
- Secretarial support for meetings when required by the DG, send meeting reminders, confirming venues etc.
- Basic company research or small-scale project work for DG and MT where needed.
- Translate pieces into Arabic for Board or other stakeholders if required
- 5 + years of experience as secretary/ office administrator with minimum 3 years as a PA for Senior level executive
- Excellent command of verbal and written English. Arabic is an advantage.
- Experienced with MS Office programs
- Coordination of meetings and minute taking
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or any other related field.
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Teams: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the accomplishment of goals and high-level team performance.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
Establishing Strategic Direction: Generates options to achieve long-range goals, selects the best strategies for success and delivers on strategic goals.
Building Organizational Capability: Diagnoses individual and team capability and development needs and champions talent management.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability multitask with several tasks at the same time and handle stressful situations
- Discretion with confidential information
- Ability to prepare expert power point presentations according to brand guidelines
- Always appear representable and professional.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Self-starter and able to prioritize activities accordingly.
- Attention to detail.
Internal - Works with the Director General the Emirates Nature-WWF team and WWF
External - Builds relationships with external stakeholders and help coordinate on behalf of the DG
|Together We’re Stronger||
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
Emirates Nature-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
How to apply
Please send your application consisting of a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate to work with EN-WWF and your CV with the subject ‘Application for Executive Assistant’ to the attention of Ms Magdalena Tayoun on [email protected] before 30th December 2022.
Emirates Nature reserves the right to appoint a candidate prior this date.