Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Emirates Nature-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
The Marketing & Business Development Coordinator – will support the successful delivery of the marketing and digital marketing activities for the B2B, B2C, and B2G audiences of Emirates Nature-WWF.
The candidate will help to build and grow a steady base of supporters who are increasingly engaged and willing to support environmental stewardship and sustainability (acquisition), in addition to enhancing the retention and growth (LTV) of existing partners.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Senior Manager and supporting both the Marketing & Engagement Department as a whole, the role holder will assist in carrying out key supportive functions within the department. He or she will successfully implement the marketing strategy, identify opportunities, collaboratively create and roll out solutions for scalable acquisition and fundraising through key campaign, event and business opportunities.
The Marketing & Business Development Coordinator will support both the Marketing & Engagement and Business Development team by attending meetings and producing marketing collateral for potential endowment partners.
The candidate will be a savvy communicator and adept in developing proposals, presentations, creating global or localized campaigns//projects, assisting with report development, crafting monthly newsletters and creating presentation decks for internal and external purposes.
He or she will be comfortable in developing, pitching ideas and will liaise with stakeholders and partners as required by the business development teams.
The role holder will help support driving stakeholder engagement through participation in ideate sessions, events, and will be required to go out on the field and participate in events, as required to support M&E, BD, and organizational objectives.
The role holder will need to be savvy with social media and support the team in planning and in updating and adding to the editorial calendar, building new monthly calendars, ideating of new content, drafting the captions.
Research & Analysis
- Uses research, insights and data to create an informed view of the market and our audiences (e.g. focus 50, key industries, endowment partners) to optimize and evolve strategies, plans and partnerships under the supervision of the Director of Business Development and Partnerships and the Marketing & Engagement Manager.
- Anticipates and incorporate audience’s future needs and trends (e.g. B2B marketing trends, marktech etc, retention benefits etc)
- Embeds the use of research, insights and data in all marketing and partnerships operations and interactions.
- Assist the Engagement Manager to lead the evolution of salesforce & Hubspot (from the Marketing and Engagement side), institutionalizing the usage of the most effective reports and dashboards.
- Monitoring and reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis of Dashboards. Monthly data will be shared with the Marketing & Engagement Manager and together with the Marketing Coordinator this data will be analyzed to optimize all Marketing engagement plans.
- Support the execution of the research required to develop Marketing and Engagement plans for fundraising products
Major duties and Key Responsibilities
- Brand: Help building Emirates Nature-WWF Brand Equity within the internal and business audiences with guidance from the Marketing & Engagement Manager.
- Targeting: Alongside the Marketing & Engagement Manager plan and focus on the correct audience ensuring audience centricity, focusing on key segments of the business audience (to be defined), and continue to finesse the segmentation and target audience, primarily through effective marketing and engagement activities.
- Key foundations: Manage (with guidance from the Marketing & Engagement Manager) the creation of core IMC foundations: such as value propositions, proposals, fundraising campaign concepts/collaterals, messaging houses, partner guidelines/packs, SPP deliverables etc.
- Planning: Works in partnership with the communications team to create and deliver an effective content calendar for Emirates Nature-WWF.
- Support in creating and delivering all related marketing collaterals for the organisation’s products, ensuring they are impactful with value-based messaging and on-brand communications.
- Support in planning campaigns across the year with ideas and strategizing. Supporting in the implementation of the campaigns.
- Support in the delivery of the full marketing mix for all acquisition activities, including events, digital and PR, working with relevant team members and external resources.
- Help building Emirates Nature-WWF Brand Equity within the internal and business audiences with guidance from the team.
- Alongside the marketing team, plan and focus on the correct audience ensuring audience centricity, focusing on key segments of the business audience (to be defined), and continue to finesse the segmentation and target audience, primarily through effective marketing and engagement activities.
- Support in creating messaging, driving, and managing social media content, creating and updating the editorial content calendars, (social media savvy individual required) helping plan and draft newsletters, mailers, ad campaigns, editing reports, and creating presentation decks.
- Support in covering EN-WWF’s outreach programs, products, and activities on field, external appearances by EN-WWF management and experts etc. as needed
- Support in active management of EN-WWF’s assets such as images, videos, internal and external documentation etc. on Google Drive and Box
- Support in active content creation and management for all EN-WWF’s websites and microsites
- Working with relevant organizational teams to acquire content from external sources such as partners, members, thought leaders, volunteers etc. and provide support in creating, managing and delivering periodic content across EN-WWF’s podcast and blog
- Support in coordination with external suppliers, agencies, supplying information, facilitating contract finalization, and coordinating payments.
- Support with stakeholder Partner Management related to Marketing & Engagement.
- Maintain an up-to-date suppliers/freelancers’ lists, with notes on performance and tips.
- Manage the coordination of day-to-day marketing and engagement monitoring and evaluation dashboard and report back to the team for strategic planning.
- Manage and execute the Content and editorial calendar from the weekly communications meetings. Ensuring all invoices per the marketing & engagement team are being processed on a timely basis.
- Manage the coordination of day to day marketing and engagement monitoring and evaluation dashboard and report back to Marketing & Engagement Manager for strategic planning.
- Manage and evaluate dashboards for restricted, unrestricted and retention streams.
- Monthly - share the updated dashboards for each stream with the Engagement Manger. Make sound recommendations in order to improve performance.
- Manage & own the 16-week calendar and update were required
- Manage and execute the Content and editorial calendar from the weekly communications meetings
- Support team in managing multiple resources, partners and suppliers.
- Acts as the conduit for information flow and smooth operations in the team.
- At least 1 year experience in a Marketing capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing relevant field
- Proficient in conversational and written English, Arabic is a plus
- High level of cultural sensitivity and awareness with ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Proven knowledge and or experience in the non-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Canva. Adobe products is a plus.
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Teams: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the accomplishment of goals and high level team performance.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
Establishing Strategic Direction: Generates options to achieve long-range goals, selects the best strategies for success and delivers on strategic goals.
Building Organizational Capability: Diagnoses individual and team capability and development needs and champions talent management.
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Canva
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
- Attention to detail
- Creative mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative attitude
- Social Media Savvy
Internal - Works withal departments within the organisation
External - Works with external stakeholders such as media, ministries, etc
|Together We’re Stronger||
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
Emirates Nature-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
How to apply
Please send your application consisting of a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate to work with EN-WWF and your CV with the subject ‘Application for Marketing & BD Coordinator’ to the attention of Ms Magdalena Tayoun on [email protected] before 31st March 2023.
Emirates Nature reserves the right to appoint a candidate prior this date.